The Construction & Demolition Recycling Association (CDRA) promotes and defends the environmentally sound recycling of the more than 600 million tons of recoverable construction and demolition (C&D) materials generated in the United States annually. These materials include concrete, gypsum drywall, asphalt pavement, wood, asphalt shingles and more.
Founded in 1994 as the Construction Materials Recycling Association (CMRA), the CDRA represents a diverse group of member companies and agencies from the waste management, construction materials, recycling, specialty sectors and industry suppliers active in the United States and Canada.
Companies from up and down the value chain, from manufacturers of construction materials to end users of the products created by C&D processors, also are members.
The CDRA actively:
- advocates for C&D recycling in legislative and rule-making venues to benefit members;
- facilitates member-to-member interactions and introduces members to beneficial equipment, financing, insurance and other specialized third-party resources;
- provides assistance in finding end markets through research and member collaboration;
- recognizes companies that have achieved a high level of safety management through the Best Practices in Safety Awards; and
- holds monthly committee meetings that allow members to connect on a deeper level while lending ideas and expertise to help move the association towards its goals and objectives.
Not a member?JOIN TODAY!